About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hurricane Disaster

Zaftig returning after the tumultuous aftermath of Hurricane Irene. I had no power, however, similar to Hurricane Irene, I destroyed my diet with gusting winds, torrential down pouring, and unfortunately everything that came into my path was gone.
   Really, I had no power for several days, and we had to eat everything in the fridge and freezer before it went bad, what's a girl to do?
   When the power turned off on Saturday night, most people were thinking about the windows being smashed as the wind swished through the sky, the trees falling into houses...but not I; I was concerned about how the food was going to be prevented from going bad.
   How does one ruin weeks of hard work by a simple three days?

Some of us chronic dieters know that dieting has its ups and downs, but getting back on that track can be challenging. If I told you I was wonderful and did not stray away from eating healthy during my time of hurricane hibernation, I would be lying to you and myself. So let's just put it out there, I completely destroyed it!
  But what does this mean for Zaftig? Does this mean quit, give up, relinquish my powers of dieting forever?
    Absolutely not! As of today, Wednesday, August 31, 2011, Zaftig will overcome and conquer. As the aftermath of Hurricane Irene is cleaned up amongst many throughout New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, etc.,  Zaftig will also repair the damage that has been done.

   How did you guys survive the hurricane (if you were hit)?

That is all for now, but stay tuned for more because the power is restored (in both my house and dieting!)

Signing off,
The Zaftig


No comments: