About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back To School

    I WILL NOT DO MY HOMEWORK TONIGHT, are the words I hear as I drift into my sweet slumber,  The infamous "teacher nightmares" seem to return as we enter another school year. No matter how many years of experience we gain under our belt, it seems as though going back to school can be frightening and nerve-wrecking. We all have those well...what if this child acts out this year, or what if...
   But as the year begins, continues, and ends, it seems almost laughable at the fact that we felt this nerve wrecked for the year. Once we walk through the doors of the school, into our classes, and await on the smiling faces of our students, the worries seem to become eased. The first few days we are so busy running around, we almost forget to eat, and we become so consumed in our daily lives, that our diets seem to be "right on track".
   But what happens when we get into our comfortable routine...you guessed it. We start to snack, party with our students' birthday treats, and well, it seems that we continue to fall right back into our bad eating habits.
 But not this year for Miss Zatig! Watch out now kids. Make one less brownie this year, one less cookie, and one less piece of candy, because Miss Zaftig is holding out strong. Instead of, "Happy Birthday, sure I will have a piece of large cake to celebrate this joyous day with you," Miss Zaftig will be saying, "Oh no sweetie, I will pass; but thank you so much for offering and happy birthday." Well, ok maybe just once I will indulge.
  Happy NEW (school) Year!

Signing off,
The Zaftig
   

No comments: