About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Partner in Crime



Zaftig here wishing you a happy dieting Monday morning. Look out for a new motivational quote every blog!  
"If food is your best friend, it's also your worst enemy.  ~Edward "Grandpa" Jones, 1978.
     This quote goes along perfectly with my sentiments for today. Don't we all have those friends for different reasons. Some friends are easier to talk to, others are our shopping buddies, while we have are partying chumps, our work friends, and then of course, we have our friends that we can call up and say, "hey you wanna grab a bite? I feel like cheating on my diet."
    We all have those friends that struggle with something, and often, friends who struggle with their weight. We need to break free from that chain of constantly looking for comfort in our foodie partner in crime. Think about it, why do we take such pleasure and comfort in eating with someone rather than eating alone? Why do we think it is better to cheat with a friend? Does it make us feel better about ruining our diets? 
   Put the darn fork away, call up your friend, and tell them, "it's me or the food." Go for a walk, talk about your day, and enjoy your time with your friend. Leave the food behind.
 


Signing off as I begin my first book. Stay tuned for a book comin your way!
The Zaftig

1 comment:

alexandra said...

michelle! my computer here at work doesn't let me be a member for some reason. i don't know why. i will try again, but i check this every day. i can hear your voice in every word, and it is positively magical.