About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Run Zaftig Run

      Raise your hand if you enjoy running. Anyone (crickets...) Don't be shy now.
Running is one of those sports that you either love or hate. I am learning to "love" it. As I embark on my weight loss journey, I know that eating right is not the only way to shed those pounds. Fitness is also a key ingredient in this process. Let's be honest, I hate running. I sweat, I get short of breath, and well, it's just plain hard work. I will be the first one to admit that running is challenging. But who doesn't like a challenge? I found a way that works for me.
     First of all, hitting the pavement can seem overwhelming if you have never done it before. Start off at a slow, moderate pace on a treadmill or on a flat surface outside. Do interval running/fast walking at first. Running at a steady pace for an extended period of time is well, it just stinks! So, try running/walking until you feel that you have built up to a running pace that works for you. And the obvious, search the web for some sweet jams to keep your motivation up. I personally enjoy Hip Hop songs and beats that encourage my fists to pump in the air. Sometimes, my fists rise in the air, and seem to gyrate uncontrollably.  But again, we all have our preferences.
   Check out this website. You can search any music genre with your running pace!  http://jogtunes.com/
   Ok fellow Zaftigs, stay tuned for some new recipes that I am conducting in my weight loss lab.

P.S. does anyone have any running tips or other fitness suggestions/comments! 

Signing off,
The Zaftig


     

No comments: