About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bye bye Pounds! See you never!

Knock Knock. Who's there? Its The Zaftig here reporting live on this Wednesday morning. As I continue this journey, each day seems to come and go. But what seems to be disappearing? You guessed it, the pounds and my waistline. Down four  and feeling great. What could be helping me shed these pounds besides my delicious treats?
     Finding things to do that you enjoy is key. I found my calling; spinning. I woke up at 5 am this morning, headed straight to the gym and took a spinning class. As the sweat dripped down my forehead, I could feel the adrenaline rise as I stopped and thought to myself, "hey, this hurts, but it hurts so good"! The instructor was encouraging us to turn up the gears, turn up the heat, and in turn, I turned up the effort. Burning a whopping 700 calories in the beginning of the day sounds like good motivation to me.
    I find it hard to sit at home and watch television, because what do most of us do? We nosh (another Yiddish word I am throwing at you which means to snack). But in my case, or many cases, we tend to OVERnosh. It is ok to snack while watching t.v, but it doesn't allow us to eat an entire bag of chips. Who has done that before? Of course I have! But it is time we make a change, and we make a change for the better. If you are inclined to snacking while hanging by the tube, continue to do so. But, you need to make some changes in order to shed those darn pounds. Switch up your chips for some carrots, and snack on them. Or hey, enjoy your chips, but switch them out for baked chips, and only have what the portion size allows you.
   I know, I know it sounds sooo much easier said then done. But try it, give it a whirl, and wave your hand goodbye as you watch those pounds slip away. That's all for today, but stay tuned for more!

Signing off,
The Zaftig

No comments: