About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Slow and Steady Rock Climbin'

Timberrrrrr! Rock climbing? Dieting? Do they go hand in hand? Let's be honest, this girl has never been rock climbing, but I sure have been dieting for oh, let's say 17 years? You see, dieting is similar to climbing a rock; challenging, overwhelming, and even a bit scary.
     With each step, you want to make sure that your foot stays centered and doesn't slip, but we all know that sometimes we can feel our own feet slipping from underneath us. Dieting is not a steady climb, however, we can see it as a thrill, something that we need to overcome.
     With every fad diet that comes my way, I  venture off into an abyss of rocks, sometimes even avalanches. You name it, I have tried it, failed it, and started all over. But what really works? I will take you on my adventure as I climb this incredible journey, and finally make that change that will take as much will power and determination as it takes to climb Mount Everest. By the age of 25, I hope to reach the top, reach my goal, and feel  empowerment and control.
      Strap on your harness because we are in for a rocky climb.

Signing off,
The Zaftig
   

No comments: