About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Move it life, you are in the way

Zaftig returning...
     I am a human, not a robot, and definitely not a perfectionist. But when I do something, I want to do it right. As you know, I started Jenny Craig again, with every intention of eating only the Jenny Craig food, and the Jenny Craig food only. But guess what, life happens. Between going away to the Poconos with my boyfriend, visiting my alma matter for my best friend's birthday, my 25th birthday approaching, and other events in my future, I can only be realistic and not idealistic. I am going to have to socialize, as I am nearing my 25th year of life, but I hold back from social situations sometimes because of my weight insecurities.
     Knowing that I have an event coming, my subconscious says, "FREE FOR ALL-EAT WHAT YOU WANT, START YOUR DIET AGAIN ON MONDAY".  I am a pretty smart gal, if I say so myself, but I am so darn stupid when it comes to dieting.
     I went away this weekend, and got off the Jenny Craig express, and I am having a hard time getting back on. If I wrote today, and said, I LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT, I would be lying to you, but more importantly, myself.
     After losing an initial 4 pounds the first week of the diet, round 2, I am struggling to get back on and stay on.
   Zaftig is in need of help... any suggestions fellow followers?

Signing off,
The Zaftig

1 comment:

Britt said...

Stay focus girlfriend! You had a great weekend and sometimes you get off track. Nobody's perfect and we all slip up! But today get back on track and start back with Jenny! And this weekend we will all be there to help and support you. I am here for you always. I love you baby girl!