About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

WE ARE, Penn State

I went to Penn State University, and because all of the drama surrounding this sex scandal, I feel compelled to speak my mind. I am heartbroken to see this legend let go because of the actions of a disgusting man. The issues at hand are being dismissed, the real truth about why we are experiencing these emotions. I will continue to refer to the sex abuser without a name, because his name has become a curse, something that I will not or can not bring myself to say.
    As I watch my Penn Staters riot in honor of JoePa, as pictures are dispersed over the internet, I feel honored, pride, and shame at the same time; feelings that are so intertwined that I myself, become confused. I never liked football, never cared about the game, but a sense of pride in Penn State is something that I felt when I went to each game, saw the legendary JoePa, and shouted, "We Are" from the stands in unity with my fellow classmates.
     But at this time, my heart hurts. I don't know what to be angry about first; the fact that this man has gotten away with such a heinous crime for years, or the fact that these victims have to suffer through this; or the fact that blame is being put on all the wrong people; JoePa, the police, etc. Yes, these people are partially to blame, but where is the blame on the actual evil? Why has the real monster been put on the back burner?
    You may read this and feel confused about my stance on all of this, well, you should, because I myself, am utterly confused.
   At the end of the day, WE ARE ashamed of this man who victimized young boys, WE ARE in support of justice for these victims, WE ARE sad to see JoePA leave and WE ARE and always will be PENN STATE.

No comments: