About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Epiphany

"One day, you are going to wake up, look at the scale and weigh in at 240 pounds. You are going to ask yourself, what happened? You need to get out of this cycle before you let that happen"...are the words that my trainer said to me today. As the words rolled off his tongue, the tears flowed out of my eyes.
    I could not believe that such honesty would first bring me to tears, then motivate the hell out of me. The remainder of our training session was probably the most emotional and intense session I have ever had. I don't know if it was the truth that hurt so much, or the fact that something keeps holding me back from achieving my goals.
     Not only did my trainer say such powerful words, but at the end of our session, he went above and beyond, and ran 20 minutes outside with me.
   After spending an amazing weekend with friends at my Alma Matter, I woke up this morning sore from the alcohol and greasy foods that I consumed. I gained four pounds from one weekend of chaotic eating. I had gone the entire day, dreading my training session, thinking about how uncomfortable I would be in my workout attire with all the other workout fanatics at the gym.
   "Getting here is the hard part, working out is the easy part"...
  Thank you for putting things into perspective. Thanks for being the support and backbone that I need to help me focus.
    This might be the start of motivation and success.
  

No comments: