About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Eating to Live, Not living to Eat

   I sat down with a friend today over a piping hot cup of coffee. We naturally had to catch up on months that have gone by, as she is living in Quito, Equador, while I reside in New Jersey.
  As we got to talking about our lives, I shared how content I was with my job, boyfriend, friends, family, etc. But what one thing still remained unsatisfactory? My weight-duh.
    I inspired myself today when I said, I feel like there are so many people that just eat to live.
 Then I said impulsively-BUT I LIVE TO EAT. I feel like once a meal is finished, I am thinking about the next. Or, when I am teaching my last period of the day, the last few minutes of class are spent on me checking out wondering what my diet food will be for my lunch, Alcoholics, shopaholics truly have a disease in which they cannot control, but noone realizes that foodaholics is a serious condition that exists-AND I AM LIVING PROOF.
   Not only that, but a comment from a loyal follower (shoutout to EREC) pointed out that my main focus seems to lie on the fact that I pressure myself all too often to lose weight.
   Maybe a new focus would help me get back on track, and enjoy the positive aspects of my life that already exist...

No comments: