About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cement Wall

   Do you ever feel like you are talking, and no one single person is listening, responding, or even taking in what you are saying? Do you ever feel like you are consistently talking to a brick wall that seems unable to be broken or knocked down?
    There is an unbearable wall that stands before me. I am talking to it, screaming at the top of my lungs, to simply listen to me, and just hear me out.
   "Please help me break through, and stay focused on my diet. Why do I keep going back to food? What is the comfort I feel in ruining my diet and stepping off the plank into my own ocean of weight gain? Please wall, please help me break you down".
    As I tell myself, I will begin my diet the following day, it doesn't seem to happen. Why? Help me break down this damn wall...please...

2 comments:

Erec said...

Do you think you may be putting too much pressure on yourself? We mostly think that we need to accomplish something in order to attain happiness. Often, however, we are better off approaching this the other way around: if we find happiness in our current state, the goal will be easier to attain. This is mostly because we're approaching that goal from a more positive, more emotionally and psychologically healthy way.

I know you aren't happy with your weight, but you should be proud that you are intelligent, a diligent blogger, and an interesting person.

The Zaftig said...

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate your sentiments.
I am by no means obese, fat, hefty, or what society would define as such, but in my mind, I am all of the above.
I have been consistently bombarded with images of perfection throughout my life, whether it be by means of media, my immediate circle of friends, or even certain family members.
I know I have a lot going for me. I have advice that will travel with me forever. "You have a beautiful face, if only you dropped a few pounds you would be gorgeous"(anonymous)...or how about in soccer at 13 years old-the coach told me I was a great player, but if I dropped a few pounds I would be even better...
Reflecting on my life, and my few extra pounds that have been depicted by people of importance to my world, it seems only natural to find that challenge of weight loss follows me like a bad disease.
I also like to control my life, and all aspects of it...however, the weight issue seems to control me.
I don't know why this has become such a prevalent issues in my life...but it seems to become the sole focus of everything