About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rock Bottom

So here I am. I have officially hit rock bottom. I went away for a weekend with my boyfriend and met up with some great friends from college. I knew that it was time to really make a change when everyone suggested going to sit by the pool. What did I do? I suggested that we go site seeing, even though it was the weekend where the temperature reached about 1000 degrees. Good call on my behalf...or not.
    At age 24, I know what I should be doing-enjoying my life, going to the beach, prancing around in a little bikini at a cute little tiki bar with a margarita in my hand. But, instead, I am 24, buying as many black shirts and pants as possible to cover myself up. Instead, I am wondering why I have been faced with this issue of weight, and why so many of my friends don't understand.
     So through my blog, The Zaftig, I will write about my journey, my challenges, my triumphs, and other tribulations that I endure as a woman in her twenties.
     This is where it ends, the Zaftig life, and a new journey begins. I hope that I will be able to lose the weight that I want to get the self confidence back that every woman should have. So here it goes...

Signing Off,
The Zaftig

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zaf- you are an AMAZING writer! Keep the posts coming.-MNK

Anonymous said...

U can do it :) just stay focus ANd strong !!!

RC said...

i love this blog and i love spin too!! i also love love bikram yoga or any yoga for that matter! mixed in with a little body pump and eating healthy, im in better shape at 30 (eww) than i was in high school or college!! keep it going michelley! and ill keep reading! xoxo reg

The Zaftig said...

thanks everyone for your support. I appreciate it and I will definitely keep writing. :)

Sam said...

loving the blog so far lady :) you're going to kick butt and accomplish everything you're working for!! -S

The Zaftig said...

thanks sam! stay tuned, more to come!