About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bad Girl

  Bad Girl, Bad Girl, Whacha gonna do, whacha gonna do?

           So I have this amazing trainer; he motivates me, hes a friend to me, sometimes he even yells at me, but it is all from that tough love trainer mentality. I have been seeing him for over a year now, and it seems as though we have built a wonderful relationship. I can talk to him about personal issues, but also about my weight issues.
    So I may have been told on occasion, that I am his most inconsistent client, well....I am. He has seen me change diets over and over again. This time it's going to be different, I tell him. As I settle into a new diet over the summer, I have been working hard. But, one day I came down with Bronchitis, and may have milked that a little too long.

One day I came into the gym for a training session without that spark; without that motivation to workout and put in my full effort.
     I was a bad girl. My trainer wanted to teach me a lesson. Next thing I knew, I was outside of the gym, side by side with my trainer, pushing a tire up and down a hill. Mind you, this tire was not for a little Honda, but more like a monster truck. To top it off, he then had me run around the building several times. What really motivated me, was the fact that he was right there next to me. Instead of telling me what to do, and watching me do it, he joined in and pushed me along the way.
Now you know what happens when you come to the gym and are not ready to work your hardest,he said.
  From that day on, I come to the gym every day with a big smile on my face.

Thanks for the motivation!

Signing off,
The Zaftig



No comments: