About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Flyin' High

It seems as though most of my blogs are inspired by negative things. Writing in general, seems to be as a result of pain, hardship, and emotional distress.
    But today I write from a place of love and positiveness. This emotion probably stems from this ; my productivity this weekend: I graded 90+ essays, completed graduate homework, lost 3 pounds on my diet, went to the gym, etc. all while coming down with a cold.
      Maybe it was the fact that I had an argument with my mother, after I texted her about my one pound weight loss last week. The text I received was, "That's all? One Pound?"
   Now, before I continue, I love my mother to death. I am her, in a young form. Our face, body shape, and even personalities mimic one another. So, to say the least, I am a product of my mother and she wants the best for me.
     Sometimes, as we all know, our mothers, even fathers, can be brutally honest, or just plain brutal. Was I hurt as the prospect of my mother thinking less of me? Or was I hurt at the fact that well yeah, one pound, in the grand scheme of things, is not much.
    What I realized in the day that I went without speaking to her is that I am loved. My mother was not trying to be hurtful, rather, motivational.
   At the end of the day, I have learned not to analyze everything, rather, take everything with a grain of salt (pun intended) and move on.

No comments: