About Me

My photo
I am your typical 24 year old teacher and graduate student.I have the world by the (well, let's keep this P.G.) I have the world at my fingertips. But one thing that is not on my side, is my ZAFTIG figure. What is Zaftig you may ask? Zaftig(yiddish word): definition: Having a full, rounded figure; plump. So take this journey with me as I blog about my challenges, triumphs, healthy alternatives, working out and more!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Digging

      Do you ever feel like you are constantly digging and digging to get to the root? Sometimes, we are fenced in our own little garden, and we become blinded by the weeds to even notice the beauty of the flowers around us that are trying to bloom. Has a beautiful red rose ever caught your eye, but it seems as though you can only find yourself being pricked by the thorns.
  Often, we become so lost and sidetracked in our own world, that we don't have the time to notice all of the beauty surrounding us.
  Often, I find myself wondering what makes me happy, sad, excited, fearful, or even anxious. What I have discovered as I dig and dig into the soil, is the unknown. What lies beneath the roots that are embedded in our earth? What does each layer of our atmosphere hold? What does each layer hide as we get deeper and deeper, closer and closer, to the depths of our roots. What secrets will be shared as we find ourselves shedding each layer, slowly, one by one?
     The unknown is happy, sad, exciting, fearful, and anxiety provoking. But what can we do? Keep on digging.

Happy Sunday,

Signing off,
The Zaftig.

No comments: